The Society (SMCAF) was formed in 1946 to:
- preserve and encourage the beneficial association of authorities in various fields of medical endeavor:
- assist in development and maintenance of highest standards of medical practice in the Armed Forces;
- preserve and disseminate the experience and knowledge of military medicine gained in both armed conflict and peacetime practice and research;
-foster an awareness of the obligation of civilian physicians to participate in the continued development of the Medical Services of the Armed Forces;
- constitute an organized group which will respond promptly and effectively to the call of the Surgeons General for advice and assistance on problems of professional importance in the Armed Forces.
here to see the
June 2012 Newsletter.
Check out what's New.
The 2012 SMCAF Annual Meeting was to be
held in conjunction with AMSUS Annual Meeting in Phoenix,
AZ November 11-16, 2012. Due to funding constraints and impending
sequester, AMSUS cancelled the annual meeting.
The SMCAF Spring Council Meeting was
April 5, 2013 at the AMSUS Headquarters, Bethesda, MD. The Council
recommended that SMCAF "sunset". Click
here for more information.
- Postal address
- Margo Cabrero, Assistant to the President, SMCAF,
5 Southern Way, Fredericksburg, VA 22406
- Electronic mail
- General Information: